- Please feel free to use one, two or all of these sessions in your training.
- If you're not doing much running, then it's fine to brisk walk.
- Allow adequate recovery between sessions.
- After each session remember to stretch.
Hill Reps are back!! - thanks to Phil Price
- 10/15 minute gentle warm up run on flat
- 10-12 reps working hard up hill for 1 minutes & with a jog recovery down hill
- Then 1 x 4mins fast on the flat
- 10/15 minute gentle cool down
- Stretches to include quads as well as glutes, hamstrings & calves
Speed Intervals - thanks to Laud
- Warmup throughly for 10 mins, include some dynamic drills and short busts of 50 metres in the last minute of the warmup to throughly engage the legs.
- Then run 800m at 10K goal pace, jog 200m, then 300m at goal 5k pace, jog 200m.
- Repeat for a total of 6 - 10 reps.
- Each rep should aim to be slightly faster than the previous one, use the jog recoveries to really recover the legs to ensure you can achieve goal pace on each rep.
- Follow up with a 10 min cool down and a really good stretch of all muscle groups.
Threshold Run (Virtual race - (not)parkrun plus warm up/cool down)
- Warm up for 10-15 mins.
- Run at a fast but sustainable speed for 5km
- Cool down for 10-15 mins
- Remember you can record your (not)parkrun on your parkrun profile
Slow Easy Run
- Allow yourself a slow, happy run
- Can be in company with one person from another household
- Just enjoy.