About the Juniors Championship
The Club Championship is inclusive and encourages friendly rivalry within individuals’ training groups and across the club as whole. It also encourages individuals to try different types of events, that they may not otherwise have considered.
When selecting events, a number of considerations were made, including:
- Having a range of different types of events, i.e. Distance, terrain etc.
- Event capacity and thus capability for individuals to have a fair opportunity to obtain an entry.
- Event costs have also been considered, with the majority of events not being prohibitively expensive.
- Having a range of local events.
- Having a range of week days on which events take place.
There are 13 events to choose from in 2019 with a wide variety of distances, terrains and locations. The first event is the Lliswerry 8 800m, on the track, on Wednesday 30th January,
- Your best 6 events will count.
- Events will be scored as follows: 150 points for first place, down to 1 point for 150th place (JM11-14 / JW11-14 / JM10 / JW10 are scored separately).
- Individuals will be split by age categories (age as of 01/01/2019), with awards for individuals that achieve the most points within their given Age Category from their 6 best events.
- Additional Awards.
- Awards will be given for the BEST AGE GRADE which measures your % performance, taking into account age and gender (similar system to parkrun).
- NEW for 2019: Complete 11 events (or more) and receive a pair of golden shoelaces!
- In the event of any award finishing in a draw, the individual with the highest overall points will win. If this still doesn't determine a winner, joint winners will be declared.
- For full details, as well as results, please see the documents (at the bottom of this page).
- All club championship correspondence should be sent to the following e-mail address: email@example.com