Click on the links (below), to jump to content:
The Club Championship is inclusive and encourages friendly rivalry within individuals’ training groups and across the club as a whole. It also encourages individuals to try different types of events, that they may not otherwise have considered.
When selecting events, a number of considerations were made, including:
- Having a range of different types of events, i.e. Distance, terrain etc.
- Event capacity and thus capability for individuals to have a fair opportunity to obtain an entry.
- Event costs have also been considered, with the majority of events not being prohibitively expensive.
- Having a range of local events.
- Having a range of week days on which events take place.
There are 15 events to choose from in 2019 with a wide variety of distances, terrains and locations. The first event is a One-Mile Time Trial, on the track on Wednesday 16th January.
- Your best 6 events will count (plus the opportunity for a bonus, see below).
- Events will be scored as follows: 150 points for first place, down to 1 point for 150th place (Men / Ladies are scored separately) except:
- One Marathon (or greater) distance event will qualify for maximum points.
- NEW for 2019: The George Crump Memorial Welsh Cross Country Championships qualifies for a bonus point (for participation) in addition to your best 6 events.
- Individuals will be split by age categories (age as of 01/01/2019), with Cups being awarded to individuals that achieve the most points within their given Age Category from their 6 best events.
- Additional Awards.
- One award will be given to the BEST IMPROVER (called the Level Playing Field) which recognises outstanding improvement over the year.
- NEW for 2019: One award will be given for the BEST AGE GRADE which measures your % performance, taking into account age and gender (similar system to parkrun).
- NEW for 2019: Complete 12 events (or more) and receive a pair of golden shoelaces!
- Only events participated in after the individual has become a member, will count.
- In the event of any award finishing in a draw, the individual with the highest overall points will win. If this still doesn't determine a winner, joint winners will be declared.
- You must volunteer at least once at either Newport parkrun (Tredegar House) or Riverfront parkrun, in 2019 in order to qualify for the parkrun event in December, 2019.
- For entry into the Improvers Award (Level Playing Field), the best result from Riverfront parkrun in 2018 is used as a benchmark. Where this isn't possible, or members have joined after 1st January, 2019 an equivalent must be provided.
- For full details, as well as results, please see the relevant documents on this page.
- All club championship correspondence should be sent to the following e-mail address: firstname.lastname@example.org
Please Note: You can use the built-in search facilities (usually CTRL+F / CMD+F), to search for your name.
POINTS LEAGUE & GOLDEN SHOELACES AWARD
AGE CATEGORY LEAGUE
You can use the built-in search facilities (usually CTRL+F / CMD+F), to search for your name.
Event #1 (16/01/2019) - One-Mile Time Trial
Event #2 (17/02/2019) - SORBROOK SLOG
Event #3 (03/03/2019) - City of Newport Half Marathon
Event #4 (31/03/2019) - CARDIFF BAY RUN
Event #5 (14/04/2019) - THE KYMIN DASH
Event #6 (19/05/2019) - CAERPHILLY 10K
Event #7 (May / June / July / August) - Rose Inn Race Series
Event #7 (14/05/2019) - Rose Inn Race Series Race 1
Event #7 (11/06/2019) - Rose Inn Race Series Race 2
Event #7 (09/07/2019) - Rose Inn Race Series Race 3
Event #7 (13/08/2019) - Rose Inn Race Series Race 4
Event #8 (15/06/2019) - RABBIT RUN
Event #9 (04/08/2019) - Brecon LIONS 10 Mile Road Race
Event #10 (21/08/2019) - Crooked Mile
Event #11 (29/09/2019) - Cowbridge 10k
*As a result of the various problems with the routes etc. at the Cowbridge 10k, the Club Committee came to a decision re allocation of points for this event. Points were allocated based on the average (Mean) points scored by each individual, across the events they’d already completed prior to this one. The same approach was used for allocating the Age-Grades for each individual.
Event #12 (06/10/2019) - CARDIFF HALF MARATHON
Event #13 (03/11/2019) - RICHARD BURTON 10K
Event #14 (09/11/2019) - THE ELAN VALLEY 10 MILE ROAD RACE
- - -
Any Marathon (Or Greater) Distance Bonus Events
- - -
February Bonus Event
This Year's Contenders . . .