- Please feel free to use one, two or all of these sessions in your training.
- If you're not doing much running, then it's fine to brisk walk.
- Allow adequate recovery between sessions.
- After each session remember to stretch.
- For attempts at Virtual Lliswerry 8 then leave at least 3 days after your last intervals session.
- 15 mins warm up and down.
- 7 to 10 times 100m hill
- Fast up, jog down as recovery.
- 2-4mins effort on flat after last uphill.
- 10-15 mins warm up
- 1min fast then slow jog recovery for half the fast running time (30s)
- Repeat for fast runs of 2min, 3min, 4min, 4min, 3min, 2min, 1min
- Slow jog in between each fast run, for approximately half the fast running time (1min, 90s, 2mins, 2mins, 90s, 1min, 30s)
- Some may want to miss one of the 4min efforts.
Threshold Run (Virtual race)
- Warm up for 10-15 mins.
- Run at a fast but sustainable speed for 3-4 miles (or 8 miles)
- Cool down for 10-15 mins
Slow Easy Run
- Allow yourself a slow run.
- Any distance.
- Just enjoy.